I know what you’re thinking. Yeah, sure, “healthy” cookies. Like a few seeds makes it “good” for you. Whatever.
But seriously, these actually are good. No flour, no sugar, no eggs or butter. My baby sister (a clean eating and tough training machine) got me onto these – a super simple recipe that tastes like a treat, but made from pretty healthy ingredients, so you can enjoy them without guilt! They can’t be THAT bad, can they?! Now that I have your attention..
You’re gonna need (to make around 15):
– 100g almond meal
– 150g peanut butter
– 75g mixed seeds (I used sunflower and pepitas)
– 175g pitted dates
– 1-2tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
Ready for how ridiculously easy these are to make?
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Put the dates & peanut butter into a food processor or blender, and blitz until the dates are well shredded up and combined with the peanut butter.
3. Put the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blitz again until they are all combined.
4. Roll the mixture into balls, pop them onto the tray and bake 12 – 15min.
That’s it. Seriously. They are soft, crumbly, and really really delicious. No sugar required. Can be made gluten free or vegan. Can muck around with it and swap ingredients around – use cranberries or figs instead of dates. Use hazelnuts and cacao nibs instead of seeds. Use almond butter instead of peanut butter. Use oats instead of almond meal. Whatever, anything goes! Enjoy!