Eat. Travel. Blog.
That’s where I’m at right now – cooking and eating good food, travelling the world, and writing about it all. That’s what makes me happy. Also, books and tea and yoga and Marley. But that was a bit too wordy.
It’s been a challenging few weeks for me. I’ve been struggling with some big questions lately, really trying to work out what I’m doing with my life. Same as a lot of other people my age, I guess – it gets to a point that you start to notice what other people are doing with their lives, and you inevitably compare their decisions to yours, and you wonder if the decisions you’ve made are better/worse/smarter/less responsible/selfish/whatever than everyone else’s. Which is completely demented, because there’s no manual for how to live your life. I’ve never had a “plan” before and it’s been working out ok so far, so why bother now?! Instead, I’m trying to go with the theory of if it makes me happy, do more of it, and if it makes me miserable, stop it. With that in mind, I did my best to make this weekend full of stuff that makes me happy:
– I got tattooed with my best friend
– I had a very lovely lunch with the ladies, complete with wine and gossip
– I got busy in the kitchen – cookies, croissants, omlettes, gumbo!
– I submitted and had my first ThoughtCatalog article published
– Meat, drinks and more meat with the best group of friends a girl could ask for. And then ice cream. Because what’s a good night without ice cream?!
– Breakfast date. Best kind of date there is.
– Gave the blog a facelift for it’s first birthday, because why not?!
When you’re close to hitting the bottom, the only way to go is up : )