Yarra Glen Racecourse Craft Market
Happy Monday morning, everyone! I’m more than ready for the cooler weather, but it seems that Melbourne hasn’t quite got the memo that it is in fact now autumn; we’re still getting bright, hot, 30°C sunny days! I usually turn into a frightened little vampire in that kind of weather, having super pale skin and light-sensitivity induced migraines, but I was actually kinda feeling it yesterday! The husband and I took a little drive up to the Yarra Glen Market, which we used to go to a fair bit but haven’t been to in a couple of years.
If you’re not familiar with it, it’s one of Victoria’s biggest and best craft markets, held on the first Sunday of the month, full of carefully selected vendors selling the highest quality products. Home made preserves and cakes, children’s clothing and jewellery are the most popular stalls, as are the little food stalls. It gets pretty busy, so it’s good to arrive early so you have your pick of the goodies, and there’s plenty of room to enjoy a tea or coffee and breakfast out in the fresh country air.
Good to know bit of information when you visit:
– On site car parking costs $4.00
– Most vendors are cash only
– Yes, if you’re planning to get there early, they so have a few coffee stalls to wake you up!
– It is family and kid friendly, with things like face painting and a petting zoo around
– It’s also a great place to stock up on treats for your furry friends, with a few dog treat and “clothing” stalls. Marley recommends the Dog Snack Company.
The next market is to be held on Sunday 3rd of April, so you’ve got plenty of time to clear your schedules for it! In the mean time, hope everyone has a great week : )